Q & A

Before the festival
Where is the festival located?

The festival is located by the Baltic Sea, outside the city of  Sölvesborg in the southern part of Sweden. Distance to Kristianstad: 40 km, to Malmö: 130 km


Adress: Norjebokevägen 2, 294 76 Sölvesborg

How do I get to the festival?

If you go by train, the closest train station is Sölvesborg (10 km from the festival). From there you can take a shuttle bus to the festival area.


If you arrive by air we recommend Ronneby Airport. From there you take a bus or taxi to Ronneby and then train to Sölvesborg.


There are several bus companies that sell travels to Sweden Rock, both from Sweden, but also from other countries. You can find this information on our homepage.


If you have your own boat you can rent a spot at Norje Boat Club (Norje Båtklubb) located just by the northern edge of the festival.


If you arrive by air to Copenhagen airport (this is the closest biggest airport with flights from all over the world) you can take the train called "Öresundståget" directly from the airport to Sölvesborg.

Where can I stay during the festival?

There are many camp sites located around the festival area, that are all run by private owners.

The biggest one, "Rock N Camp", usually has vacancies and is located 50 meters from the main entrence. We recommend that you book in advance. They also have an accessabiliy camp site that you can apply for. 

There are also several other camp sites within one kilometer for tents, caravans, mobile homes etc. More information about these sites can be found here.

If you want to stay at a hotel, rent a cabin etc we recommend you to use this site, that are run by our official partner: http://boka.swedenrock.com/sv/boende

Is there any chance to meet the artists during the festival?

Every year many bands have official signing sessions, and sometimes we run competitions through our homepage where you can win meet & greet with some artist, so keep a lookout.  

How do you recruit staff for during the festival?

We recruit all our temporary personnel through local and regional associations.

Can I bring a camera to the festival?

As a ticket holder, you are allowed to bring a mobile or compact camera into the festival area. 


No permit is required for taking photos as long as they are  for private use only. But if there is a message on the stage screens that photo is not allowed for a specific gig, please respect this restriction.


Larger cameras with interchangeable lenses are not allowed, and you are not able to bring extra equipment such as tripods or battery grips either.


Please note that the use of flash in front of or in the vicinity of the stages is not permitted.


For professional photography and in order to bring equipment for professional use and publication, you need an approved media accreditation. For photography in the stage pits you need a valid photo vest provided by the festival. 

Are there things that I wont be able to bring to the festival area?

Yes, for the sake of everyones safety, you are not allowed to bring any of the following into the festival area: 

·      Weapons

·     Sharp or dangerous objects

·      Tools, multi tools

·      Drugs

·      Alcohol

·      Glass or metal bottles

·      Bandoleers around chest

·      Bracelets with long rivets

·      Food

·      Umbrellas

·      Flag sticks or flag poles

·      Rods

·      Camera tripods (unless you have a media accreditation)

·      Thermoses

·      Aerosol-driven containers (hair spray, sifons etc.)

·      Fireworks

·      Laser Pens or laser pointers

·      Segways, hoover boards

·      Perfumes or deodorants in glass bottles

·      Pets

·      Any other items deemed to be offensive or of risk

Is there a doctor if something should happen?

Yes we have both doctors, dentist and other medical staff at the area at all times.

Can I bring my pet to the festival?

No, not under any circumstances!

Can I buy ear plugs at the festival?

Ear plugs amd music plugs can be bought at the festival area . 

During the festival
Kan children accompany parents with VIP access into the VIP-area?

Yes, children have the same access as their parents.

Where can I charge my cellphone?

In the Storage facilities next to the main entrance, they offer a charging service.

Furthermore, in Enkla Elbolaget’s activity space you can charge your phone as well.

Other than that, our advice is to charge your phone at your accommodation during the night. Several of the camp sites offer this service as well.

Can I pay with credit card at the festival area ?

Many vendors accept credit cards, and nowadays you can also pay with credit cards in all of the bars.


There is one "bank" inside the festival area where you can withdraw cash.

How do I buy tickets to Sweden Rock 2016?

Keep in mind to always buy the tickets for Sweden Rock Festival from our official ticket partner TICKETMASTER.


You can pay by credit card and will get an e-mail with your ticket. Print it out and bring it to the ticket exchange at the festival.


Remember that the printed ticket is a valuable document. If you lose it and someone else use it, you can not get in to the festival area.

If you dont have a credit card you can call Ticketmasters customer support and they will help you with your purchase. Tickster Customer Support: +46 771-707070

Can I get my money back if I bought a ticket and wont be able to go or if a band cancel their show?

No, we can only do refunds if the entire festival is cancelled.

My ticket has not arrived. What do I do?

Call Ticketmaster at +46 771-707070



Search Sweden Rock